1. Parents must agree with and support the PHILOSOPHY of the school.
2. Enrollment will be given to children:
- who are re-enrolling.
- who have siblings in the school.
- who are transferring from another Montessori School.
- who are between the ages of:
- Primary: 2.9 and 3.9 years
- Infants: six weeks to 9 months
- Toddlers: 18 months to 2.5 years
3. Our elementary classes, with few exceptions, consist of students who have completed the Montessori primary program.
4. Child interview/evaluation and an initial parent conference must be completed before child may enroll.
5. Placement of a child in the primary or elementary program is based on the evaluation and discretion of the directress and the administration.
At an initial interview, the basic philosophy and nature of Montessori education, which is the basis of Sun Grove, will be explained by the Administration. The enrolling families understand that they will be expected to agree with and support this philosophy and to keep their child(ren) in Sun Grove through all levels provided by the school. For many families this decision requires preparing for a long-range monetary commitment as well as carefully weighing other personal priorities before enrolling a child. EFFECTIVE WITH THE 2008-2009 SCHOOL YEAR: A family’s decision to withdraw a student before completion of all levels of our program, will affect the continued, or new, enrollment of any younger siblings.
The Montessori learning experience is an orderly sequence, in a carefully prepared environment guided by trained teachers. The student is made aware of this projection from the very beginning, and advancement along this path of learning becomes an integral part of the school experience.
Sun Grove is a not-for-profit corporation, owned by its individual members, the parents. Because of this ownership, it is imperative that each family fully share the responsibility in terms of building renovations, care and upkeep of the physical plant, school functions, and a myriad of other activities which will guarantee the future existence of Sun Grove Montessori School. We seek to enroll families who support this cooperative effort.